TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Elanco guarantees that when Viper Pour-On is used in accordance with the label instructions that there will be no detectable lice present on sheep at six months after shearing and treatment has taken place (Guarantee).
The following terms and conditions apply to this Guarantee:
1. You must register for the Guarantee via www.viper.com.au within 2 weeks of applying Viper Pour-On.
2. You must apply Viper Pour-On in accordance with the ‘Directions for Use’ on the label and before the expiry date on the label.
3. You must comply with Elanco’s Lice Management Guidelines. (See below and as may be updated by Elanco from time to time).
4. The Guarantee applies only to the off-shears use of Viper Pour-On (use on sheep up to 7 days after shearing). If ewes have lambs at foot at shearing time, then all lambs must either be treated as an unshorn lamb between 2 weeks and 2 months of age or shorn and treated with Viper Pour-On.
5. You must treat all sheep on your property at the same time. Where there is split shearing and/or treatment of sheep on the one property at different shearing times the sheep treated are not covered by this Guarantee.
6. The Guarantee only applies to Viper Pour-On purchased in Australia and used in Australia, and for sheep born in Australia.
7. In the event that you detect lice at six months after shearing and treatment, on any of the sheep, and you have complied with Elanco’s Lice Management Guidelines and these terms and conditions, you must contact Elanco on 1800 226 324 first within 5 business days of detecting the lice.
8. Elanco’s local Territory Manager and an Elanco Technical Services Representative will visit your property at an agreed time to investigate.
9. If Elanco determines to its reasonable satisfaction that you have not achieved lice control with the Viper Pour-On and you have complied with these terms and conditions,
Elanco will provide to you either:
1. a suitable long wool lice control product to enable you to control lice on the affected sheep until their next shearing; or
2. if long wool lice control is not necessary, a suitable off-shears/short wool product to control lice on the affected sheep following their next shearing.
All products will be provided by Elanco at no cost to you.
10. The Guarantee only applies to the original purchaser of the Viper Pour-On and is not transferable.
11. The Guarantee is limited to the supply to you of the products described in paragraph 9 above and, to the maximum extent permitted by law,
Elanco excludes liability for all other losses, costs or expenses incurred by you including but not limited to:
1. any claim for losses associated with wool loss or reduction in wool quality as a result of the lice infestation.
2. any farm labour or contracting costs associated with re-treating sheep including but not limited to treatment with a backliner, hand-jetting or saturation dipping.
3. any farm labour or contracting costs associated with re-mustering and re-treating sheep.
Important Information for Viper Pour-On
Do not use on ewes that are producing or may in the future produce milk that may be used or processed for human consumption.
When using the product, wear cotton overalls over normal clothing, buttoned to the neck and wrist and a washable hat, PVC or rubber apron and chemical-resistant gloves and water resistant footwear and face shield or goggles.
Meat Withholding Period: DO NOT USE less than 42 days before slaughter for human consumption.
Wool Withholding Period: DO NOT USE less than 6 months before shearing or fibre collection.
Export Slaughter Interval: DO NOT USE less than 56 days before slaughter for export.
Elanco Lice Management Guidelines
Good management is critical for effective lice control.
1. Viper Pour-On will provide protection against re-infestation for four weeks when applied within 24 hours of shearing.
2. Treat all sheep on the property at the same time.
3. Muster each paddock thoroughly to ensure all sheep are treated. Conduct a second muster if necessary.
4. Check boundary fences to ensure all treated sheep are contained and to exclude untreated or lice infested sheep from joining.
5. Treated sheep should not be mixed with untreated sheep until 6 weeks after treatment.
6. Do not mix treated sheep with lice infested sheep or those of unknown lice status.
7. Sheep must be cleanly shorn. Grass seeds, lumpy wool or flystrike can hinder shearing and may impede the effective spread of Viper Pour-On.
8. Avoid treating ewes less than 6 weeks before lambing commences or while ewes are lambing or have lambs less than 2 weeks old at foot, as live lice can persist and infest lambs.
9. Efficacy is not affected by moderate rainfall either before or after treatment (50mm rain 1 hour to treatment and/or 12.5mm 2 hours after treatment and/or 25mm 24 hours after treatment).
Chemical Rotation Guidelines
1. It is not recommended to apply consecutive applications of any lousicide with the same mode of action. However, if consecutive use of the same chemical group is required, careful attention should be paid to achieving lice eradication post treatment to help prevent the establishment of a resistant lice population.
2. Rotation between products with different modes of action may prolong the effective life of all available treatments.
3. Apply all lice treatments as part of an integrated pest management program (visit www.liceboss.com.au).